VACANCY | Women’s Development Squad Manager
West Didsbury & Chorlton are in search of a manager for their women’s development team ahead of its inaugural 2018/19 season.
West Didsbury & Chorlton are a charter standard club whose women’s team have just completed its first ever season finishing runners up in the North West Women’s Regional League Division One South as well as reaching the First Round Proper of the SSE Women’s FA Cup and the Semi-Finals of the Manchester Women’s Cup. The Development Squad will look to begin play in the Greater Manchester Women’s League from the beginning of the 2018/19 season.
The club is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic coach to work within the women’s team structure to support the development of players, supporting the first team and players making their first steps into adult women’s football. The successful candidate will be required to commit 3-4 hours during the week plus Sunday’s during the season.
This opportunity is ideal for anyone looking to gain experience and development in football at a high level and we can offer opportunities for support, development and progression within the football club to the right candidate.
First Team Manager Paul Caddick said; “Its been a terrific first season in which our players have surpassed every goal we set for them. We have worked hard off the field to engage with the local community and reach out to local junior teams.”
“The next piece of the puzzle is the most important one in our vision for a long term sustainable and successful women’s team in the South Manchester area. One that will see us generate a pathway from junior to adult football for generations of players to come.”
The club is asking all potential applicants to email email@example.com with a covering letter and CV before the deadline of Thursday 31st March.
Women’s Development Squad Manager
Providing coaching and team management for the women’s development squad and ensuring that the team fulfils all fixtures for league and cup competitions, as entered by the development squad.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- The main purpose of the role is to help guide and develop individuals and help them progress from county to regional level football.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of activity regarding the development squad.
- To provide a quality coaching environment in a safe, controlled and enjoyable way including the planning and delivery of training sessions in line with team and player requirements.
- Manage their team in line with principles and identity of the football club
- Be inventive/develop new ideas to promote our clubs vision and values.
- Weekly team selection to include liaising with first team management
- Periodic player appraisals and feedback
- Organisation of coaching/training sessions.
- Organisation of team matches.
- Support the club’s development model to create and enhance a player pathway from county to regional league football.
- Reporting results to Club Secretary & Media team after matches.
- Team accounts for money spent on pitches, referees etc.
- Management of player disciplines and escalation of issues to the Clubs Committee.
Requirements of the role:
- The club requires a Level 1 FA Certificate in Coaching Football
- An in-date FA First Aid Certificate qualification.
- An in-date FA Safeguarding Children Certificate.
- Since you may be working with children under the age of 18, it is club policy that all club officials require a valid FA Enhanced Disclosure (CRC check).
- Sign up to the club’s codes of conduct.
- Follow the FA’s Respect guidance for safeguarding.
In addition the successful candidate must have a passion for women’s football and the development of it at a grassroots level.
Provision of kit and equipment:
The club will provide the following:
- Match day kit
- Match day equipment
- First aid kit.
- Coaches’ kit.
It is the management team’s responsibility to ensure that all kit and equipment is maintained and items requested for replacement/re-stock as required i.e. first aid kit.
How to Apply:
The club is asking all potential applicants to email firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and CV before the deadline of Thursday 31st May